Developing a content management system Part 2
In this part I shall look at the overall system structure of the CMS and what each part is supposed to do.
Developing a content management system Part 1
This site is currently implemented using MODX, and not very well on my end as I wanted something fast.
First simple app for ARM
After managing to update the build scripts for TAMP's compilers, I have managed to build and run a very simple application on an STM32F4DISCOVERY board in Ada.
Bare metal ARM GNAT compiler built
After a multitude of different builds and a few modifications to the GNAT runtime, I have finally managed to build GCC-4.6.1 C and GNAT compilers for bare metal.
The build utilises Newlib as the libc interface that GNAT's RTS builds upon, I've disabled sockets, files and a few other things
TAMP: Some success
After spending about 2 weeks basically compiling compilers pretty much constantly, I've managed to build gnat for arm-none-eabi with tools and without the runtime system, which is the most important part.
This isn't supported by AdaCore in the FSF release so I've had to hack into the makefi
I have been working on getting the basic toolchain created ready for the development of TAMP.
37 reasons to choose Ada over C
I was pointed at a link which goes through a number of reasons to choose Ada over C.
The status of wxAda
After a long break from wxAda, I'm getting back into looking at it. I've decided to start again and generate the bindings automatically using the 2.9.x interface files. Binding is a difficult proces and this could take some time to acheive.
The Ada Microkernel Project (or TAMP): The plan
Following on from my hello world style kernel, I've decided to post a plan for what I intend to accomplish in regards to an OS design.
I've been thinking about OS designs for over 10 years on and off and have wanted to develop one.
An Ada95 "hello world" style kernel
Conversations on #Ada keep coming back to operating systems and their kernels so I decided to dig out some code I wrote in 2000 and get it working again. I intended this code to be the basis of a microkernel written in Ada.